Friday, January 29, 2010

Finally studio remodeled in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

 
Studio ready!
It took me about a month to complete a simple remodeling of my studio that I already had in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico. Some time and money well invested for the last week of December 2009 and most part of January 2010 and it is 95% complete. Below a picture of how my studio used to be before placing the tiles, good lighting, painting the walls, new furniture and a good clean up!

BEFORE:

 

AFTER:
Partial views of the interior of it after the "make over" 

  

 

  
  
 



BEFORE:
The exterior how it used to be:


AFTER:
 

 

  

  

Now, this is a place where I can work in! I am very excited for all the art projects that lie ahead for this year 2010 and already sketching, priming and preparing retablos for the next exhibitions and events.
I had to interrupt my blogging during the holidays because of this  temporary studio rehabilitation but from now on I hope to keep blogging more often. A working studio is truly a blessing I must be thankful for. For any artist his studio must be  like being in paradise, no matter how small it is, it is the place where creation takes place. Just this is enough for me to consider it is a "sacred space".


No comments:

Post a Comment