Monday, March 2, 2009

Karina Nuvo NUVOSOUL




I met Karina Nuvo about five years ago and ended up shooting her CD cover. When she was ready to record again she called me up and said it’s time to recreate our magic again. She is a talented vocalist and a beauty so it was exciting to work with her again. If you take the time to listen to her sounds you will not be disappointed. She is a fantastic singer and a lovely person.

AM: Hi Karina. How do you describe Nuvosoul?

KN: NuvoSoul to me is a true expression of who I am as an artist. I am always asked to pick a door…latin? pop? soul? Jazz? , well I am all of those combined and I would not be able to produce an honest CD if I did not show all the sides that make me musically who I am . ITS NUVOSOUL.

AM: How are you promoting the CD ?

KN: I am singing, singing, singing. Booking myself in different events and music festivals around the US, but my goal is to get a co-distribution deal so I can reach the world. WOW too much huh?

AM: Is the music available to download?

KN: My Cd is available all over the internet starting with my website http://www.karinanuvo.com/ . From there you can link to I-tunes, rhapsody. amazon and cd baby. If you google my name , you get a plethora of information too.

AM: Are you playing anywhere?

KN: My next show is an awesome festival called CARNAVAL MIAMI, a 2 day event filled with tons of music food and dance!! Its my hometown so anytime I am invited back I am honored. After that I am working on putting together my CD release party here in Los Angeles, probably at SPAGATINIS JAZZ CLUB.

AM: What is the music business like in 2009?

KN: Like no other… ha, no really it has changed so very much that it actually gives you hope that YOU as an artist have much more control of how you want to be seen and heard. The internet is an AMAZING Blessing that if worked properly the sky is the limit.

AM: Future goals?

KN: My future goal is, first to be happy in my life , sounds cliche' but I truly search for what makes me joyful and, next to my son, music does that for me, so if allowed, I would like to continue this journey I have started and create - sing and share the music I LOVE TO DO so much.




photos: Alan Mercer

No comments:

Post a Comment