Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Night of a 100 Stars with Sally Kellerman

Sally Kellerman

For the past twenty years Hollywood super-agent Norby Walters has produced the "Night of Hundred Stars" party at the Beverly Hills Hotel for past Oscar winners and nominees along with more than a hundred celebrities from all fields of entertainment. It's always held the night of the Academy Awards with giant monitors all over the ballroom while dinner is served and folks get to catch up with old friends and talk to the press.

Sally with Larry Hagman

This year I had the pleasure of attending the event with my friend Sally Kellerman, who is a nominee herself for her performance in the film version of "M.A.S.H." We had a great time and got to visit with many of her peers. I took a handful of photos and got to visit with some of my favorite celebrities and old clients.

Sally with Bo Derek

Some of the luminaries I met include Larry Hagman, Stephen Collins, Mary Wilson, (an original Supreme) Stefanie Powers, Francis Fisher, Sean Young, Mimi Rogers, Martin Landau, Karen Black, John Corbett, Bo Derek, Hector Elizondo, Loretta Devine, Robert Loggia, Fred Willard, Michelle Lee, Lainie Kazan, Bruce Davidson, Don Murray, Edward James Olmos, Gary Busey, Ed Begley Jr., Perry King, Buzz Aldrin and many more.


Sally with John Corbett

The event is so huge that it's impossible to see everyone or get to say hello so we did the best we could. Our table included my good buddy Soul Songstress Freda Payne and actress/Grammy winning singer Tia Carrere.

Sean Young


I had the chance to document comments from Fred Willard, Tia Carrere, John Corbett, and Bo Derek. So here are the photos and the conversations from a memorable night in glamorous Hollywood!

Fred Willard

AM: Hello Fred Willard, are you excited to be here tonight?

FW: Yes I am. I'm very excited because this is a wonderful event where you get to see people you haven't seen in a long time. I'm not rooting for any particular film.

AM: I've got to tell you that you are one of the most talented men in the industry. I love all your film work.

FW: Well thank you, that's very nice!


Martin Landau with date and Sally
Tia Carrere
AM: Hi Tia, How exciting to have you sitting at this table. I love your music.

TC: Have you heard the new jazz album? It is my favorite. I wish I would have won the Grammy for this one because it is my favorite of all my records.

AM: Are you going to be making more music?

TC: Yes I will be starting later this year probably singing in English. It's always been a passion of mine. I started out singing before I acted in movies.

AM: Do you find it a challenge to be an actress and a singer?

TC: The Grammy win helps! It gives me the stamp of being a serious artist. I just haven't figured out how to make a living as a singer. That's what makes acting so great.
I have always performed but it's been more for my heart. It's gotten tougher and tougher to make a living in the music industry.

AM: Well thank you for making the effort because I really appreciate your work.

TC: Thank you so much. That is so sweet.

Sally with Freda Payne

AM: Hi Bo, Do you enjoy coming to events like this?

BD: Yes occasionally, but not too often.

AM: You're more a nature girl aren't you?

BD: I live up north on a ranch so it is fun to come and see old friends. It's nice, I like it.

AM: You are just so beautiful in every way.

BD: You're very nice. Thank you.

Sally with Lainie Kazan
AM: Hi John Corbett, Do you have a favorite film tonight?

JC: No, I am just so happy to be here. I love coming to this event and seeing old friends.

Loretta Devine and Freda Payne
Sally with Stephen Collins

Sally and Mary Wilson

All photos by Alan Mercer

No comments:

Post a Comment