Monday, August 10, 2009

Peggie Perkins At Last!

photos: Alan Mercer

Born in Chicago to a mother who sang professionally and a father who was an artist. Peggie started singing before she started talking!
She always knew it was her destiny to be on stage and perform to audiences of all ages. She was in every available choir class in school and also in drama classes, performing in plays and concerts. Always ready to belt out a tune, tell a joke, always the center of attention, she was a regular class clown.
Serious about this music thing, she pushed full steam ahead! Peggie moved to Los Angeles at 18 years of age, in pursuit of her dream of being a singer.
Peggie wanted some special images for her debut CD, something a little more glamorous, so she came to me. She is an out-going, gregarious personality who can knock out a song!


Am: Have you noticed a change in your audience since you released your CD?

PP: Actually No. I have not, the music I perform on this CD and Live appeals to a broad audience.

AM: I know it took a long time to get your first CD out there. Have you enjoyed being able to offer recorded music to your fans?

PP: It was a lifelong dream that has been even better than I could have imagined. My fans love it, listen to it, and sing along! It has been a truly wonderful rewarding experience.

AM: Give me an idea of your career so far. Have you done a lot of different types of music and live performing?

PP: Yes I have Alan. Well, From Rock & Roll, Hard Rock, Classic Rock, doo wop, Las Vegas Shows, Choirs, Standards, Jazz, R & B, and everything in between I have sung all styles of music in many parts of the US Canada and Japan! I have been a live performer for over twenty years and 15 of those years were 6 nights a week! I Love every single minute of it!

AM: How did you decide to record standards and jazz influenced songs?

PP: I actually had been around them my entire life as influenced by my Mother (A Singer) and Father. I also won a local Radio contest Singing Standards, and Jazz, was fortunate to perform with Bill Miller Pianist for Sinatra Jim Hughart Bass player for Sinatra and Plas Johnson, Saxophonist of Pink Panther fame on that show!
That led me to this album!

AM: Have the changes in the music business been beneficial or detrimental to your career?

PP: A Bit of both really. Well, I love that we can have instant music on our computers, and that Indie Artists have a place to be heard and in the same phrase I can say the days of the Big Record Companys and Studios were sure exciting and me always going to the record store to buy the latest and greatest! I kind of miss Vinyl! I did however get to master this CD at Capital Records Hollywood which was an absolute thrill!

AM: Will you record another CD soon and if so will it be different than the one you have out now?

PP: I am in the planning stages. I am looking for original material written for my voice!
Maybe a bit more torchy, R & B flavor! Really kick it up a notch!

AM: Do you prefer live performing or being in the studio?

PP: I do prefer Live performing! There is no greater thrill!



To learn more about Peggie Perkins visit her web site http://www.peggieperkins.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment