Monday, February 22, 2010

Lynda Kaye Is A Dream Talent!

photo: Alan Mercer


From Lynda Kay's web site:

In this lonely landscape of modern pop country, Lynda Kay carries the torch for the heartbroken and fills the void with 12 fully orchestrated original compositions that conjure the ghosts of classic country’s past.

Born and raised in Texas, Lynda Kay's songwriting style was strongly influenced by other great Lone Star State artists such as Roy Orbison and Willie Nelson. Her rare contralto voice has also been compared to such classic vocalists as Patsy Cline, Kitty Wells, and Karen Carpenter.

'Dream My Darling' is the single and title track from Lynda Kay’s debut album. The full album is now available and was produced by Mike Butler of The Boxmasters, features her deeply resonant voice, twangy Gretsch guitar, and includes the duet “All I Ever Wanted” with Billy Bob Thornton.

I discovered Lynda Kay Parker's music on MySpace sometime last year. I was amazed by her talent. She really has a special gift. Check out her video in this blog. I love her visual style as much as her musical style!

AM: Hello Lynda Kay. I must tell you that I don't get that excited anymore but you bring excitement with your music! What is your goal with your music?

LK: The goal with my music is to make people feel good again when they listen to a song. That's really the point of it all. It is supposed to be something that takes you somewhere emotionally. I like songs that reflect true emotion, so even though you may be feeling sad there is a lot of hope beyond that sadness. I like to focus on those kinds of emotional subjects.

AM: Who are some of your musical influences?

LK: Patsy Cline, Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Tammy Wynette, Dolly Parton, Wanda Jackson, and Kitty Wells, just to name a few.

AM: I hear all of them in your music. Have you been around a while?

LK: I have been doing this a long time. I have had a good and happy life and that contributes a lot. I have played with the Lonesome Spurs for several years. I've been doing this for as long as I can remember.

AM: Do you think that the social networks are helping get the word out more now?

LK: It does feel like that. I think there is something really appealing about the title track, 'Dream My Darling' that I wrote with my wonderful husband Johnny Coffin. I think it resonates with a lot of people because we think it is the hybrid of Patsy Cline and Roy Orbison. Patsy was such a heartfelt songstress and Roy Orbison was the same way but he was also a writer and he chose really interesting and odd chord progressions. They both really speak to me as artists.

AM: When will your album be out?

LK: We are figuring that out right now but it looks like it will be February of 2010.


To learn more about Lynda Kaye visit her web site

http://www.lyndakay.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment